Make Yourself Noticeable on Social Media
How To Build The Perfect Social Media Presence For Your Business
If you haven’t stepped into the deep waters of social media, you are missing a big opportunity for your business. However, you should not be worried, simply because you can do it easily. If you want to build the perfect social media presence for your business, we suggest you to start with Facebook as a pillar of the other social media tactics we are going to present.
At this point, you may be wondering ‘Why Facebook for my small business?’
Facebook is the largest social media network out there counting over 1,5 billion people from all around the world. If you want to make your brand discoverable online, while being connected with its customers in terms of gaining valuable insights, Facebook is the place that pretty much involves every person who ever engaged with your brand, is trying to or researching or a potential customer of yours.
So, how to set up a killer Facebook page for your business? It’s simple, and it involves 5 main steps:
STEP 1. Choose a classification
At first, you should normally navigate your browser to https://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php. After you are connected, you will be shown even six different classifications to choose from for your page, with each of them providing more relevant fields and details of your business, as seen in the picture below.
Whatever type of business you are running, you should select the proper Facebook category for it. We are selecting the second choice – Company, Org. or Institution as our today’s example in guiding you how to make a Facebook page for your business.
STEP 2. Complete The Basic Information
After you check the choice of the categories, you will be redirected to a page full of boxes, where you’ll need to type in some content and make your Facebook page for your business unique. Basically, the first steps to creating a killer Facebook page for your business involve:
- A written ‘About’ section, which characterizes your business in 2 to 3 sentences. Stick to what your company provides and make sure to include a link to your website as well, which is a great way of attracting people to your website from your Facebook page.
- Upload A Profile Picture, which is the main visual icon of your page, and also the picture which will show in the results section along with the name of your business. Basically, your logo is your best profile picture for a start, however make sure to stick to 180×180 pixels, according to the rules of Facebook. Hovering over your blank picture will show the button listed as ‘Add a Profile Picture’, from where you can add your unique logo.
- Reach More People – Suddenly, you will be greeted by Facebook with a prompt to create an advertisement and draw attention to the audience with your brand. However, we recommend to avoid such actions, simply because your page is empty from the start and may not be as effective as when it’s full of engaging content – and advertised.
STEP 3. Mastering The Admin Panel
The Admin Panel is basically your playground. You have the ‘Page Info’, where you can add or edit the details about your business, the ‘Notifications’ tab, where you can see who interacted with you and in which way as well as the ‘Page Roles’ in which you can give people in your business access to your Facebook page.
Step 4. A Content Strategy
A killer Facebook page for your business is important not only as a logo and information (it’s not Yellow Pages after all!) – but as a complete source of content, images and video. And these three types can be written and posted in the ‘Posts’ section. Basically, you can post anything on Facebook from:
- Plain text status
- Photo with caption
- Link with caption
- Video with caption
- Event page
- Location check-in
Make sure you use variety of content, images and video. This should be mainly oriented to what type of business you are in and what kind of posts your audience expects from you, what kind of posts they would like to read or on which links they would like to click.
Apart from the posts and your main profile picture, your business page on Facebook also demands a Cover Photo. In a nutshell, this is the photo that is the background header of your page and usually consists of your tagline, some quote or even a promotional incentive – whether it’s a contest, discount or new collection (or range of services) in your store, you should feature it.
Here is what a creative cover photo looks like in a Facebook Page.
As you can see, Fanta chose to optimize and blend in the overall atmosphere of its logo acting as a profile picture while blending in the whole background perfectly, so it adds up to the promotional aspect as well.
Step 5. Measuring The Growth
Once you learn how to master Facebook for your business, you should know how to measure the success and undertake further tactics to enrich your follower base and along with that, target new groups of customers and expand your business while increasing your sales.
Fortunately, Facebook has done a great job with it’s in-built tool of measuring your follower metrics with which you can see and get to know where you are standing. The feature is called ‘Insights’, it can be accessed in the top navigation bar, and it includes everything – from the recent Likes and Visits to the Overview and Reach your page is making each day.
And here is how it looks in a screenshot (with the ‘Overview’ tab selected).
EXTRA STEP – Marketing Your Facebook Page for Business
In the end, there is always a need of proper marketing and promotion of your Facebook page. And fortunately again, there are many ways to do it.
Once you start upgrading your Facebook page and filling it with posts, links, pictures and video, you have an availability of running a Facebook Advertisement, which is a pretty great option since it allows customizing the target group who will be able to see your advertisement – which in a nutshell makes you determine your upcoming organic traffic and visitors.
Another great tactics include:
- adding the Facebook button in the header of your website along with the other social media networks (as soon as you establish them), so that your customers can transfer their path from your website to your Facebook page,
- adding the hyperlink to your Facebook page at the bottom of your email signature
- adding your Facebook Page Name to your business cards, windows or promotional material
- running daily promotions with discounts for the customers who will share their products or happy service from your brand
and many other activities which will help you not only build a killer Facebook page for your business, but also position yourself as a brand authority in the marketplace and expect increased sales and levels of customer satisfaction.